During an early evaluation of the Vaadin-7 framework, I came across a couple of features missing from the same. The Missing features are:
  • I18N support
  • Form creation using HAS-A relation
  • Login event Listener
  • Observer design pattern

Why Another Addon

There are a couple of add-ons available for Vaadin to support these features, but either they are missing some of the fields or they need component registration logic to be written by the developer. I have therefore come up with a common solution of all these missing features. The solution that I am presenting today is called a Jain-i18N, it supports all these features. The demo application is being hosted using the Jboss cloud.

How to use Jain-18N

I18N API
  • Instead of extending Vaadin UI class extend I18NUI
  • Instead for using Vaadin Window use I18NWindow
HAS-A Relation API
There are two approaches to handle the HAS-A relation. First one is the annotation approach and the other one is the implementation approach. For more details please look at the example source